Mmm pumpkin pie…I can’t wait for Thanksgiving! This year my parents are hosting quite a few friends and family members, and I’m really looking forward to it. I’m sure I’ll be making Pioneer Woman’s Whiskey Glazed Carrots and Butternut Squash Puree...again. They’re so good, I’ll take any excuse to make them. It’s like you get dessert during dinner! :)
It’s a gloomy and chilly Friday around here, so here’s a few good links for those of you trying to hibernate like me.
- My shutter sister Nancy shared her pumpkin soup recipe this week. Go get you some! I can personally vouch for how delicious it is. :)
- My future child is totally having a Star Wars nursery like this one, no question.
- Some fantastic ideas for eco-friendly and inexpensive/free shipping materials over at the Etsy blog.
- I totally want to try making these apple cider donuts. Doesn’t Jacqueline’s photography make you drool? Love her work!
- Kaylah over at the Dainty Squid did a fantastic blog about Estate Sales 101. So helpful for a novice like me!
- If you’re looking for a great gift for any owl-loving friends, you can create a super cute custom owl art calendar for free at My Owl Barn! (Found via How About Orange.)
- And speaking of gifts, I’ve been pinning different free printable holiday gift tags like crazy. My favorite so far are these from Blush Printables, these from Giverslog and these from Domestifluff. Or I might just do big initials right on the wrapping paper with washi tape, haven’t decided yet.
- Also, Ez at Creature Comforts has put out her 2nd annual issue of Gifted magazine! It’s so lovely and chock full of inspiration.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I’m planning on some quality time with my mom and a puppy play date, mixed in with some errands and computer work.