There are so many things I want to do and see in this life, why not put half of them on a list to accomplish in less than a year? ;) But seriously, folks, if I don’t write these things down, they circle around in my brain and and start multiplying and threaten to take over.
- Make a cinemagraph, like Jamie Beck does so brilliantly. If I could only get Dante to sit still long enough…
- Upgrade my camera. I’ve pretty much pushed it to it’s limits, and it’s time I invested in one that can better meet my needs. The 5D Mark III looks mighty tempting!
- Improve my posture. Now I’m even slouching while driving, it’s terrible!
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Get (and keep alive) some houseplants. I’ve really been wanting to bring the green indoors, just haven’t gotten around to it just yet. (Any suggestions?)
- Go home to Norway. The last time was in 2008 and it’s really time.
- Host a fancy dinner party. (Note to self: invest in cloth napkins.)
- Day trip somewhere new at least once every other month. I have a whole list in my notebook that I’m working my way through, but thus far it’s gone very slowly.
- Learn to use my vintage Yashica square format camera.
- Make a video post for the blog!
- Dress up for a night out at the Cicada Club.
- Do a snow day in the mountains, preferably with a bunch of friends and an overnight in a cabin.
- Attend a living history event.
- Order more large canvases for myself. Go big or go home, baby!
- Attend the WPPI Expo, or some other kind of photography education event.
- Learn to make my mom’s marsipan torte. It’s a huge pain, but the results are to die for. I usually request it for my birthday, so I should probably learn how to make it for myself at this point. :)
- Start doing yoga classes again. Too bad there aren’t “Doggie and Me” sessions! (Or are there?)
- Get new professional portraits of me and Dante. Check! I’ve had this list going for a while, and I’m happy to say Nancy and I got together recently for a session at my home. I can’t wait to see the results!
- Read more graphic novels/comic books. I’ve dabbled in a few, but I’m sure if I spend some time at Meltdown Comics I’ll find a series that really sucks me in.
- Invest in new running/walking shoes. Mine are from college. ‘Nuff said.
- A trip to San Francisco, possibly with some Tahoe in there. Love that part of the state so much.
- Read ten books. Admittedly, this probably is something I’d do anyway, but so often lately I’ve started books, didn’t love them, and therefore never finished them. I need an incentive!
- Attend WonderCon. It’s practically in my backyard!
- More dog beach days.
- Do one new recipe or other thing from Pinterest per month.
- Do a photo session with Mindy, Katie and Nikki. Preferably with me both behind and in front of the camera.
- Get fitted for a custom bra or two. I am not your average size, and the girls deserve it.
- Have a day at Disneyland. I don’t have an annual pass anymore (and I don’t really need one anymore), but every so often I get a hankering to go.
- Spend a weekend in the desert. Usually we just go for the day, but I’d really love to be able to take my time and soak it up. (Possibly at the Miracle Manor Retreat, because I’m still not over Dabito’s photos from there.)
- Be content. Dante helps me with this a lot. Of course I should have goals and work towards things, but I think it’s also important to take time to sit back and just be content. I guess that’s another way of saying “be in the now”, but I didn’t want to get all new-agey on you. ;)
What about you, friends? What are some goals you have for yourself in the next twelve months?
*As per usual, photo of me by the lovely and talented Nancy Orozco.