Good jeebus, the heat has really kicked in this past week! I knew we were in for it when June Gloom held on for longer than usual, because that’s karma, right? :) Luckily it’s supposed to be a bit cooler on Saturday, just in time for a lovely little backyard wedding that I’ll be shooting that afternoon.
Anyways, blah blah blah as to why the number one spot of Things Making Me Happy this time goes to:
1. Central air conditioning. Thank Thor that was a must for Nikki when she was home shopping. :) And I can’t wait to go jump in the community pool once we move!
2. The Help. I must be the last person on the planet to pick it up, but I’m so glad I did. I finished it in three days and I’m re-reading it now because I tend to read really quickly, and I wanted to go back and better absorb Stockett’s wonderful prose. And maybe I’m not ready to part with the characters just yet.
3. Dante’s squeaky ball addiction.
It’s ridiculously cute, you guys. I went and got him some more wee squeaky tennis balls this week (he goes through maybe a dozen a year due to breakage, smelliness, falling behind couches, etc.) and he was ECSTATIC. He played so hard he started panting! He can entertain himself for hours. It’s why I put up with the constant squeaking noise. How can I say no to that face?
4. Skindinavia’s No More Shine Makeup Finish spray. I’ve been using it for over a year, and with the heat + humidity this week I’ve been especially reminded of how much I love it! My makeup would be even more of a mess by the end of the day if I didn’t use it every morning.
5. Rifle’s new notebooks. I’m obsessed with Rifle, wish I could afford their custom paper products, but in the meantime I’ll settle for these perfect little notebooks (and the card sets Katie got me for Christmas). :) I can’t be the only one who’s a sucker for paper goods like these, right?
6. Bug Repellent Perfume Serum. Must’ve been invented by a woman who was tired (like me) of smelling like stinky bug repellent all summer! Thanks to the crazy amounts of rainfall we got last winter, it seems like we have more bugs than ever. You can’t avoid the citronella scent with this, but it’s light and mixed with other good scents, and a million times better than Off spray. So far it’s performing well
7. Sitting out on the patio at my parents’ house. It never gets old. And having decent bug repellent helps me enjoy it a LOT more.
8. A new treat jar for Dante. I couldn’t help myself. Just look how cute it is! I wanted something that would keep his treats fresh, look good on the counter and keep me from having ten different bags from the store. Check, check and check! I did think about going vintage but they tend not to have a freshness seal.
9. Bones on Netflix. I’ve slowly but surely managed to make my way through all five seasons in order. Love that show! I’d only seen episodes here and there so it was great to get the whole story. And there’s nothing like starting to reach for the remote when it hits the commercial break bit and realizing you don’t have to fast forward! :)
10. Star Wars on Blu Ray. Comes out September 15th. You know I’ll be pre-ordering! Mostly because it’s about darn time I upgraded, I still have my VHS set. Makes me feel oooooold.
So what’s floating your boat lately? Dish!