Today is a very special Friday – because it’s Norway’s National Day, known as Syttende Mai! Of course every year my dad can’t resist putting out as many flags as possible.
Good stuff on the interwebs recently:
- Since they’re nine hours ahead, I can already see photos from the Syttende Mai celebrations in my family’s hometown of Stavanger (I was actually born in Bergen after my parents moved there for my dad’s job)
- These ten cooking shortcuts from Design Mom are pretty darn ingenious
- Who doesn’t love Maddie the Coonhound? Dog Milk posted a great update on everything she and her dad, Theron Humphrey, have been up to. I can’t wait to meet them in September!
- Stunning photography of the continuing war in Afghanistan by Majid Saeedi, as seen on Faded & Blurred
- The sweetest (and easiest) gilded votives and bud vase DIY from Ez at Creature Comforts
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I’ve got my first BBQ of the season, looking forward to it. I plan on being back next week with some actual content.