There's a few things making life a little brighter around here...
1. Plants I haven't killed. My mom gifted me this big lovely mix of succulents maybe 6 weeks ago and I thought for sure it would go the way of the dodo. But I've finally accepted that there are only a few spots that get enough light inside, so I put this on the front stoop and it's been very happy. It even bloomed! :)
2. You Must Remember This podcast. Found out about this one via Hello Giggles (their daily newsletter is awesome) and loved it from the minute I read the description. Chronicling the secret and forgotten histories of Hollywood - I'm all over that! The Judy Garland episode was fascinating, and the Star Wars series is great.
2. A new taco meat recipe. For someone who makes Mexican-inspired recipes for 8 out of 10 meals, finding this deeeee-lish recipe over at Love and Olive Oil made me super happy. If I'm being super lazy I can always go back to "brown beef, dump seasoning packet", but this isn't much more work and a whole lot tastier. I use it for burritos/tacos and usually add a can of black beans into the meat once it's thickened up for extra protein. WARNING: if you're a pansy like me, cut the amount of chili powder in half (at least!).
Also, awesome dressing for everything = Ranch + salsa + lime juice + cilantro. You're welcome.
3. Shooting with an ExpoDisc. I'm SO GLAD I finally picked this up. It was a total lifesaver when I was shooting in a variety of lighting situations for my mom's projects and it saved me hours of tedious white balance adjustments in Lightroom. Plus it's so quick to set that you won't leave clients hanging.
4. Newborn snuggles. My boyfriend's third nephew came into the world a few weeks ago, all adorable and tiny and perfectly healthy. Photographing him was a dream.
5. Sense8. Despite the spelling, which makes me twitchy, I blew through this Netflix show in less than a week. The biggest draw for me is how they actually film in all the different countries - a reminder of how we've become so used to green screen! The interaction between the characters is great, plus the cast is fantaaaastic.
What's been making you guys happy lately?