5 Things

It's been a crazy couple of months, what with celebrating two years with the BF, working on a complete switch and redesign of this site (ain't it perty?) as well as my mom's, and my vacation to Norway! (More on that soon...so many photos to go through...) In the midst of all this, a few things keep coming to mind that help keep me happy and sane(ish).

1. Google Keep. I don't know how I functioned without it before. No more random slips of paper crinkled at the bottom of my purse, and it's been incredibly helpful in keeping my brain from going cray-cray. I'm one of those that has to write things down when I think of them. I use this on my computer, tablet and phone constantly. (Can you tell by my list I was making a dip?)

2. Hardcore History podcast. I'm so glad my brother turned me on to this. My degree is in history, so I'm already inclined to love this podcast, and his award-winning series on WWI sold me. Meticulously researched, beautifully told from real people's perspectives and chock full of primary sources. I download them (while on WiFi, of course) using the Player FM app and then listen on my commute. I love it so much I donated. Next up is the Wrath of the Khans series!

3. Summer sandals. Here in SoCal a good pair of sandals is a must nearly year-round, and my cherished pair from Target have just about hit the dust. So I picked up this Franco Sarto pair and I looove them - buttery soft leather and just enough of an arch to give me some support (and almost sold out, sorry!).

4. The Lunar Chronicles. I downloaded the free sample of Cinder after reading about it on Modern Mrs. Darcy's summer reading guide, and I was completely hooked. I zipped through all three books while on my vacation - just couldn't stop reading! Essentially it's a super creative, modern take on fairy tale characters, and each book adds another character to the story. I love how Meyer makes them admirable, kick ass women that are still real and vulnerable. Full disclosure: I grabbed the series in print as well, I loved them so much.

5. A new camera. Yes, I finally pulled the trigger! My old one had gasped its last breath (it was having trouble "talking" to my lenses) and there was no way I was going to Norway without one. Plus, my old camera was 8 years old, which is like 146 in digital years. I wound up choosing the Canon 6D instead of the 5D Mark III. Having worked with both, I'm glad I saved myself the extra $1500. The 6D meets my needs 90% of the time, and for the other 10% I can always rent the Mark III.

What's making you happy lately? Hope you all have a wonderful week!

xoxo