Once upon a time I was a regular, good little blogger. Then I changed day jobs and started dating an amazing man and life got a whole lot busier! And you know what one of the best parts about being an adult is? Deciding what your priorities are and what can fall by the wayside (to a degree anyway, amiright? ah, taxes…).
But I’ve come to find that I miss blogging. I love photography, but I love pairing photos + words just as much. I miss the interaction it brings and the people I meet through this form of expression. So I’m finding time wherever I can and whenever I feel inspired, and most of all giving myself the freedom to do so. Does anyone actually read and comment? Who cares, it’s more for me anyhow! And that’s the best part about this being my blog – I get to do what I want!**
So without further ado, I’m returning from a long absence bringing back my old 10 Things series, but making it a little more digestible for all of us by sharing 5 things that are making me happy.
1) Revamping Project 365. More thoughts on this coming soon, but for those of you who haven’t seen it before, it’s a photo-a-day project. It’s been years since I’ve done it and I’m so glad I picked it back up again.
Some favorites thus far~
New desk! In the new place! With giant windows!
Sunday snuggles, binge-watching The Fall.
2) Scribd. If you read on a device, this is awesome. It’s like Netflix for books, and if you read more than one a month it’s completely worth it. My parents gifted me 6 months for Christmas and I’ve been tearing through Kathy Reichs’ Bones series (which inspired the show). They even have cookbooks and graphic novels! And I love that you can save the book to your device, so for a tablet like mine without a data plan, I’m not dependent on wi-fi. I know you can get e-books with a library card, but I’m way too impatient for a waitlist.
3) Day trips. Here in SoCal there’s so many amazing things within driving distance it’s a crime not to take advantage and get out every one in a while. Last month Mr. Handsome and I took the train down to San Juan Capistrano to have lunch and meander around the mission. It was perfect weather (that blue sky was no joke!) and as we thundered past cars going bumper-to-bumper it made the train fare SO worth it. Other places I’d like to get to (again) this year are the LA Natural History Museum, Joshua Tree and Big Bear Lake.
4) Teux Deux. I don’t know what I would do without this to-do list service. I got hooked back when it was free, and have happily paid for it for the last couple years (I think it’s only about $24/year?). You can schedule ahead, set recurring tasks, have category lists, and whatever you don’t do that day automatically rolls over to the next. I also like being able to look back and double-check when I did certain things (ahempaybills). The web version automatically syncs with the app, which is a necessity because I’m one of those people who has to write it down immediately or it’s gone. And now I no longer have 12 slips of paper floating around my purse.
5) CND Vinylux nail polish in Rouge Red. My nail polish addiction is well documented, and I don’t think I’ve ever used a single color so many times in two months. It lasts a few days longer than regular polish, you don’t have to destroy your nails like you do with gel, and it comes off like normal. Sold! I think my only complaint is that the finish can dull a bit, so after a few days I just reapply a quick-dry topcoat while I’m watching TV (I tried the recommended topcoat, didn’t notice a difference).
So what are you guys loving right now? I’d love to hear your suggestions of things to see/do/watch/read!
Sidenote: does anyone else get super bothered by bloggers who constantly apologize for not sticking to the schedule they’ve set for themselves? If anyone is yelling at you for not posting at a certain hour, tell them to shove it while giving thanks for such a rabid audience.