Summer has barely started and I already feel like I’m running along at full throttle! Am I the only one? Seems like everyone I know is super busy these days. I guess that’s a good thing, and a part of growing up, huh? But I’ve found that taking the time to sit down and come up with ten things that make me happy, even in a small way, is awesome for my state of mind and sense of gratitude. Please share your ten things in the comments or link me up to your own blog post!
1. Ohhhh yeah. This almost makes me want to let Dante finish my next popsicle (for photography’s sake, of course!).
2. Dead Reckoning, the latest Sookie Stackhouse book.
If you’ve only ever seen True Blood (the TV show is based on this book series) and didn’t like it, trust me when I say the books are SO much more awesome. Sookie isn’t nearly as whiny and is so much funnier as a narrator than TV star. If you don’t believe me, I’ll let you borrow the first one to try!
3. Early evening walks in the summer. So relaxing and good for the soul.
4. If you can read My Milk Toof without cracking a smile, I owe you $5. Seriously love them and want the book!
5. Amazing facts about greyhounds. I thought I knew a lot about them but some of the things Jane shared I’d never heard – like because they have stereoscopic vision they’re better suited to see moving rather than stationery objects. (And check out Jane’s Etsy shop, Max and Molly Designs – love her stuff!)
6. Day trippin’ in Southern California. We may be overcrowded and have smog and traffic and suburban sprawl, but I don’t know of any other place in the world where you can surf in the morning and snowboard in the afternoon. (Well, without using a plane or something.) There’s no shortage of great places to go and I’m so glad that Nikki and Mindy are always up for going somewhere new!
7. Tara Whitney’s session with Shannon Leith. I’ve been lucky enough to have Tara photograph my family back in 2008 and after having dinner with her a few weeks ago I love her even more.Seeing her beautiful family photographed in their home by a fabulous photog like Shannon is some major eye candy!
8. A new toy to play with. My auntie sent me this old Yashica that seems to be in near-perfect condition! I’ll be taking it to my local camera store for some help since I’ve never shot 120 film, and I can’t wait to play. Thanks again Auntie Elissa!
9. Summer = super fun movies. The kind you love to see in the theater. So far I’ve seen Pirates 4 (not nearly as bad as the last one) and Thor (twice), and I plan on seeing the new X-Men, Cowboys & Aliens, Green Lantern and of course Harry Potter! If you want a good laugh, check out this link of what movies posters would look like if they told the truth.
10. And finally, this:
So tell me what’s putting a smile on YOUR faces lately!